Monday, May 24, 2010

Flight Instructor Ratings CFI, CFII, MEI

Today, I got my Flight Instructor Ratings. Below is a cropped copy of my temporary certificate. The hard copy will come in the mail in a couple of weeks. Having past military flight instructor experience allowed me to get three instructor ratings, CFI, CFII (Instrument) and MEI (Multi-Engine) with a test and a records review. The FAA designated examiner was really nice and said he was happy that he could do something for those that served in the military. My Dad went with me and we had a nice dinner at Jason's Deli before meeting the examiner.

I'm not sure if I'll use the ratings but I couldn't pass up the chance to get them for a nominal cost. It's a brand new program that sounds too good to be true which means the FAA will probably be quick to cancel it. They are not cheap to get normally. The cost for all three ratings can easily run to five figures. I could use them to give instruction to family or even for a little part time weekend income. Anywho, I've got them now and I'll decide later what to do with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?