Saturday, August 7, 2010

Finishing Right Fuel Tank

The right tank is getting close to finished. I made and installed the fuel pickup. I used my new Imperial tubing bender I picked up at Oshkosh from Aircraft Spruce. Worked great. The right tool makes all the difference.



Below, I'm getting the proper torque on the vent line fitting using my torque wrench and crowfoot wrench.


I also sealed the baffle. It's not easy getting a good bead on the inside of the tank at the baffle since there is no access once the baffle is in place. You have to carefully lay down a line of proseal on the inside of the tank skin and let the baffle "squeegee" it into place as you lower the baffle. Too much or too little and the bead won't form correctly. The Semco sealant gun made it easy to get a properly sized and placed line of proseal which resulted in a good bead like you see below. I shot this picture with the camera held inside the first bay through the tank access hole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?