Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wiring Copilot Stick

Paula was thrilled to hear that I wired the copilot stick and made it removable so she could fly if she wanted or not. After much thought and research, this is how I ran the wires from the control stick. My requirements were total freedom of movement and no chance of anything binding the controls. I didn't want any fancy connector apparatus that could potentially jam the controls or holes drilled in the stick so I decided to keep it really simple and route the wires out of the bottom of the stick. The wires are small enough that they would break before jamming anything plus the only thing I'd lose with broken wires is control of trim and PTT (push-to-talk) from one stick. The other stick will still work plus I can always run the trim from the EFIS via the VP-X. I covered the wires with shrink tubing but didn't shrink it so it's a little more flexable.


I added a big service loop so I can easily adjust the length of the wire coming out of the bottom of the stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?