Thursday, October 24, 2013

Canopy Frame Adjustments

I cut the front canopy frame legs just a little short. It's a common problem. To fix it, I used a bronze sleeve bearing from McMaster Carr pictured below. I had to enlarge the inside diameter just a tad so I did the poor man's machine shop method of chucking a die grinder burr bit in the drill press and wrapping it with sticky backed sandpaper and reaming out the inside. Only took about 10 minutes and then I cut it down to length. You can see where I installed it just to the left of the blue "R" and the black wheel at the top of the photo. I also ordered two quick release pins with lanyards that I might use during test flights to replace the screws to allow the canopy to come off easier. It took a while to find the right sizes so I included the invoice with part numbers in the picture in case someone else wants to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?