Sunday, February 15, 2009

Riveting the Horizontal Rear Spar

Here's a short video of Dexter riveting the Horizontal Stabilizer Rear Spar. He came over to return my welder and I conned him into doing some work. He's using my new 12" C-Frame back riveter. It's a brand new invention by Cleaveland Tools that makes it really easy to back rivet a universal (round) head rivet using your C-frame so everything is aligned and all you do is put the rivet gun on the top and pull the trigger. This was Dexter's first rivet and it came out near perfect.



I thought the rivets turned out well. No smileys and all the shop heads measured good with my Avery Tools rivet gauge. The new tool made it almost foolproof to get a good set on each rivet. My only experience riveting the larger -4 universal rivets was on the practice kits and this is MUCH easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?