Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Canopy Work Continues

I have been making very good progress on the canopy. Here's the nice aftermarket outside handle for locking the canopy.


The inside handle is finished, too. Works and locks nicely.


This is one of the rear blocks on the canopy that locks it into place when it's fully forward. The pin on the left goes into a hole in the white block. The lines are there to help align the hole properly. The white stuff is UHMW plastic that's really slippery but super solid. It's used in several places on the airplane that need to reduce friction between two parts.


Here, I'm working on the canopy side skirts. I'll need some help to drill them to the inside braces but that should be all I need before disassembly in preparation for painting and final assembly. After that, I'll fiberglass the front and rear skirts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?