Monday, September 30, 2013

Cleaning The Canopy

Here's a shot of the canopy with the protective plastic removed. I'm countersinking the attachment holes in the Plexiglas and finishing the side skirts before disassembly and painting. I polished it with some Plexus and it looks clear and shiny. There are a few small scratches I may repair but nothing of any real consequence. I still haven't decided if I want to go with a metal rear skirt or fiberglass. I ordered some more Alclad .032 2024-T3 aluminum sheet and I'll work with it this weekend. If I decide I don't like it, I can always go with fiberglass. Paula had a good suggestion to use both. Good idea! I might trim the edges with metal like the front of the canopy which will provide even support for the rivets and a good attachment point for the fiberglass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?