Monday, July 21, 2014

Cowl Work

There are a bunch of tasks to complete before the cowl can be painted. Here are two I worked on this weekend. I did quite a bit more on the cowl and I'm close to painting it but these are the only ones I photographed. The first is the hinge pin that holds the top and bottom of the cowl together. There's one on each side. There are many ways to secure the pin and the way I did it is an option that Van's sells with the pin welded to a stainless tab. I think it looks much better and is more secure than the default method of a bent wire held with a hinge eyelet. I polished it on my rouge wheel to make it pretty.


This is the oil access door. A little more sanding and I'll be done. Tonight I'll make a sandwich of fine sandpaper and a thin piece of UHMW sheet. I'll close the door on it and slide it around the perimeter to get a uniform gap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?