Friday, July 11, 2014

Finishing Empennage Assembly

I'm finishing the final empennage assembly. Hopefully I won't have to take it apart again before I fly. It's not terribly hard but there are a bunch of tasks like running the trim and tail light wiring and getting every nut and bolt properly torqued and checking and adjusting the pitch of control surfaces that just takes time. I've probably removed and replaced the big parts 20 times. The bottom of the rudder doesn't have its fiberglass cap as I'll probably finish and paint the remaining fiberglass pieces as a group. I plan on putting the tail number (N4EW) on the tail where the temporary number is taped and possibly some stickers like the Phantom II guy that Austin gave me. I'm also looking for a Combat Infantryman Badge or Screaming Eagle (101st Airborne) sticker for my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?