Monday, May 3, 2010

More Wing Skins Clecoed

This weekend, I got a lot of airplane work done. On the left wing I finished riveting together the rib and spar skeleton while leveling it. I also clecoed (temporarily fastened) six of the eight wing skins. I installed so many clecos that I got a blister on my hand. I just need to cut and match drill the wing walk doublers before putting up the other two skins. Since the airplane, including the wings, are constructed using the semi-monocoque technique, the skins make the wing box really rigid.

Shelby was home for a short while this weekend. She was picking up her cat, Hadley (named after Ernest Hemingway's first wife who loved cats), so I got her to help hold some wing skins until I got them started. She also placed some of the rivets in the tight spots where my big hands get in the way. Thanks, Shelbs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?