Monday, July 5, 2010

Finished Inner Ribs of Right Tank

I finished the 5 inner ribs of the right fuel tank. Don't tell Paula, but below is a picture of the tank IN THE LIVING ROOM! I sneaked it in to finish encapsulating the rivet shop heads with proseal while in the comfort of air conditioning.

My friend and RV mentor, Norm, came by today with his son Jeff to look at the project. He's packing up to move and all his tools and the RV-10 project are inaccessible so he said he'd like to come by as he's going through building withdrawals. I told him I was going to talk bad about him if he was willing to visit during proseal. It turned out to be really great for me as Jeff works on Boeings (KC-135) and uses proseal extensively. He said everything looked good and that he wasn't just saying that to be polite. Nice to have an outside opinion as it sometimes feels as if I'm working in a vacuum. Van's instructions are good but don't cover everything. I've read Rick G's method of fay sealing and watched the Orndorff video's but nothing substitutes for having a pro look everything over carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?