Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Finished Left Leading Edge

Here's the left leading edge finished and permanently riveted to the spar (actually, just a couple of perimeter rivets left but they're easy and fast). The tank is also attached but only with bolts and screws every other hole per the directions. Must have to remove it later for something. Everything fits and looks great. Riveting the leading edge was much easier than the tanks because there wasn't any proseal. The hardest part was riveting the internal ribs to the spar. I had to reach up through lightning holes in the spar to hold the bucking bar but my hands were a size too large to easily fit through the holes. It was difficult enough that once I got my left hand through, I left it there and did everything else with just my right hand...and knees...and mouth...you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?