Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Finished The Left Flap

Here, I've finished the left flap and temporarily attached it to the wing. I'm really happy with how well it turned out. The more I build, the better I build. Funny how that works - kind of like life.





Here's the trailing edge of the aileron and the flap. They should be 1/4 inch apart and matched for length. Looks spot-on to me. I hope I'm not being too retentive as I measured the small movement in the hinge and split the difference when lining them up. It didn't take too long and I like things being accurate.

This is meant to show how straight and flat the ailerons and flaps are and how they line up perfectly parallel. Not the greatest picture but I worked really hard to ensure there was no twist to any of the control surfaces. Although the parts are CNC computer punched and don't need jigs, it is possible to build them with a slight twist. When I was assembling the ailerons, I noticed that I could cleco them together without a weight holding them flat and have a small twist. All I had to do was remove the clecos and weigh them down and reinstall the clecos and they would be flat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?