Thursday, June 21, 2012

Clips for Pitot Static Tubing

Here, I'm making some clips that support the tubing for the pitot static tubing. They will go under and attach to the longeron. Only took a few minutes to make a wood block with a notch that forms the clip over a 1/4 drill bit.

 
I also had a visitor in the garage while I was making the clips. Comfy chair with footstool, a glass of wine, a book and an ipod with earphones is apparently all it takes to make it tolerable.
 

I finished the clips and installed them on the underside of the longeron to hold the static line. Instead of fighting with them when I rivet the upper skin, I drilled out the keeper rivets that hold the side skins to the longerons and added the clips. Makes it neat and secure.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?