Monday, July 9, 2012

Custom Empennage Fairing

I trimmed the lower aluminum empennage fairing per the plans for the rubber gasket and found it didn't fit well so I decided to make a custom one piece fiberglass fairing. Here's the work in progress. Lots of sanding left. Probably spending too much time on it but it's good practice for the cowling.


I have gotten quite a few other tasks completed but I didn't take pictures of them. I follow the construction plans in order but if I need to skip a small task and come back to it later, I record it in the front of my manual. Some times, I'm waiting for parts or need to change the order of construction for various reasons. For example, I couldn't finish the flair on the fuel line from the fuselage to the wing until the wings were off so I finished that this weekend while waiting for fiberglass to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?