Monday, July 15, 2013

Canopy Rollbar

I got the canopy roll bar installed. It's nice to get back to some fabrication work. The rollbar fit perfectly without any adjustment required.


The hardest part was attaching the nuts, washers and spacers under the canopy rail. I read where many had just cut away the bottom of the rail but I was looking for a better solution. I ended up fabricating an offset 7/16 socket and it worked great. I also put a dot of superglue on the washer and bolt to hold it to the spacer. It only took 5 minutes to get everything assembled with the new tool. I had unsuccessfully tried for 30 minutes and knew there had to be a better way. The hook shape of the tool arm has no purpose. That's just the way it came out of the junk bucket.

 
Here's the forward roll bar brace installed. I had to remove the radio stack and the top skin to drill the forward holes.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?