Monday, August 5, 2013

Finished Canopy Frame

I finished fitting the canopy frame. Time to move on to the canopy Plexiglas.


This was the method that worked the best. I used a 2'x4' piece of 3/4" MDF and traced the outline of both the roll bar and the aft turtle deck. For the aft canopy hoop, I had to cut a small square hole for the slider block bracket and position the MDF hanging over the workbench a little. The blocks are 3/4" plywood screwed in place with deck screws. It takes a fair amount of force to bend the tubing so I screwed the board to the workbench. The inside blocks are slightly curved. It only took about an hour to do the actual bending.


This didn't work so well. Every time I'd get something right, it would change the shape somewhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?