Thursday, January 22, 2009

Countersinking and Dimpling

Did my first countersinking and dimpling yesterday on the braces for the horizontal stabilizer spar. I practiced several times on some scraps as I was nervous about doing it for the first time on the real deal. It came out great.



Here's my Tatco squeezer with Avery dimple dies on the left and my countersink cage on the right. I got an ebay deal on 7 countersink cages and bits so I'll be able to adjust them individually and not spend time changing bits and readjusting for the correct depth for every job which you have to do if you only have one. When you adjust the countersink cage for depth, you loosen the retaining nut and rotate it one "sawtooth" to raise or lower it 1/1000th of an inch. You can see the interlocking sawteeth in the picture below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?