Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Empennage Arrived

The empennage kit (tail feathers) arrived yesterday! I inventoried the kit today and was really impressed at how well Van's packed the kit. Not a scratch or dent anywhere. It took about 2 hours to complete the inventory as there were 5 pages of parts to check. Not a single one missing. Good job, Van's! I got a kick out of the warning on the box. I think after I empty it, I'll cut this section out and tack it to the factory (garage) wall.



The empennage kit comes in 2 boxes that just about cover my 2 workbenches. The largest box is 5 feet long. I may have to move my tool boxes on the bottom shelf to make room for the parts waiting for assembly.



I'm trying to show with this picture how well the parts are packed. This is probably Van's 10,000th tail kit shipped so they've gotten pretty good at it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?