Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Started On Aileron Installation

I decided to install the ailerons first and then check the flap hinges for spacing before drilling them. I didn't want to order a new hinge if the spacing wasn't correct plus all the trouble of drilling out rivets, etc. Below, I've finished one of the aileron to stick pushrods. These will connect to the bottom of the stick in the cockpit and then through the wings to the bellcranks in each wing which will then connect to pushrods which will control the ailerons. Kind of like Dem Bones: the kneebone's connected to the thigh bone.... Be sure and click on the link and wait for the music and scroll down a little to watch the skeleton dance. Funny!







I added padded magnetic jaw pads to my vise. I had to ream out a brass bushing for the bellcrank and it was much easier with these plus little chance of crushing the soft tubing. I used them on the pushrods above as well. After having used the bench vise for just a couple of days, I now consider it a tool necessity!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?