Sunday, April 10, 2011

Finished Third Trim Tab

No one can accuse me of not wanting to get it right. This is my third (and final) elevator trim tab. It took me a while to get it the way I wanted. Yes, maybe I'm a little retentive. Yes, my frind Norm who's a Technical Counsleor and a certified Airframe and Powerplant mechanic and a three time RV builder said the second one looked fine. I just didn't like it and I kept rebuilding them until I was satisfied! Nephew Spencer helped with this one and he has really good building instincts. He said it was the "Post" in him. I think there are carpenters in his Mom's family and he thinks he got it from them.


This picture shows the trim tab servo installation. I tested it with a 12 volt power source and it runs up and down just like it's supposed to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?