Sunday, April 24, 2011

Supplemental Air Compressor

Here's a second air compressor I bought off craigslist. Love a bargain - $80! I plan on adding it to my air system to increase the cfm enough to use my new HVLP paint sprayer. I've tested it and it works great and the total air flow will be plenty. My new RV friend, Charles, helped me unload it. He worked with Norm and is just starting the RV journey. Yesterday, he came up and we talked tools and built the first part of the practice kit. He has an RV-9 tail kit that he's anxious to get started.

Austin and Spencer helped me by replacing the stock drain valve with the set-up below. The stock drain valve in every compressor I've seen is almost unusable. The manufacturer must be hoping they will rust out and have to be replaced sooner. All the parts are available in the aviation tool section (plumbing isle) of your local Home Depot. All 1/4" sized. From right to left is a street elbow, a 1.5" nipple and a ball valve. An optional 1.5" nipple on the other side of the ball valve makes it spray better when you're draining the tank on a daily basis. Hope that helps, Charles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?