Thursday, November 3, 2011

Steps Drilled and Conical Bend

I've drilled the holes in the skin and interior ribs for both steps. Wasn't near as hard as I was expecting. I was able to use the drill press and fly cutter despite the large size of the skins. The steps are an option that just make it easier to get up onto the wing. The steps are the two dark bars pointing up in the picture below. They're pointing up since the fuselage is upside down for working on the bottom. I also did the conical bend on the skin behind the step. It starts with a tight bend at the step and opens to a gentle bend where it joins with the aft fuselage. That was a little more difficult. I did get a small crease right were the tight bend starts but I don't think it will be seen and it's only cosmetic.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?