Monday, October 31, 2011

Joined Center and Aft Fuselage

I've joined the center and aft fuselage. Looks a lot like a canoe now that it's upside down. I think that's what I'll tell people I'm building if they don't already know and drop by the garage to ask. It's getting quite long and I had to scoot the sawhorses back away from the garage door to get it to fit. The picture doesn't show it because the "blue" side skin is curved inward but the new "blue" skin is the same length as the silver side skin.

Everything went together easily after I got some help from good neighbor Tim flipping the center section. It's the structural heart of the aircraft and was too heavy to handle by myself. I'm still amazed at the accuracy of the kit and how well the pre-punched holes line up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?