Monday, October 15, 2012

First Avionics Garmin GNS 430W

I received my first panel box last week. It's a used Garmin GNS 430W. My two friends that I trust most with airplane advice said if you're going IFR then go all the way and get an approach certified GPS. One big reason is that the VORs are being decommissioned and that I could use GPS to get into almost anywhere I want to go. This, coupled with my Skyview system, can legally and safely allow me to land when the clouds are as low as 200 feet. Not that I'd want to fly when the weather is that bad. I can see using the IFR part when the weather is just a little low but still not legal for VFR flight. That way, we can file IFR and leave going to a destination that has good weather. Otherwise, we're stuck on the ground until the weather clears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?