Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Installing Transponder and Antenna

I decided to remote mount the transponder under the baggage floors. It will make for a very short antenna cable run as I'll be mounting the antenna only about 6 inches from the transponder box. It's not hard to remove the floors if I need to service it plus it was easier to run six small wires forward instead of running thick RG-400 coax cable aft. The picture in the following post (March 22nd) shows the map screen and at the top in a little box, you see xp 1200 GND in green letters. That shows the transponder is installed and working and set for automatic ground/air detection where it will turn the transponder on and squawk 1200 (VFR) automatically when airborne.

 
The forward tunnel is filling up with wires. Not many left to run but I sure am glad I decided to make two runs instead of one.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?