Monday, May 19, 2014

Paint Booth Rotisserie

Here's an idea I got from Kitplanes magazine. It holds smaller parts so I can rotate them to the best angle for painting. The rotating frame worked great for painting the flap shown in the picture but I'm still not happy with my painting ability so I'll strip this and practice some more before repainting it. I'm having a problem with very fine orange peel which gives the paint a matte look. I don't want to use the base coat and clear coat method as it adds considerable weight and I don't want to have to sand and polish so I'll have to get very good at single stage painting before I'm happy! I've watched many youtube videos on adjusting an HVLP spray gun and I think I understand my problems so I'll just practice until I get it right.


Here's a closeup of the attachment on each side of the frame. The pipe and flange are 1/2 inch and are plenty sturdy. The clamp on this end is there to adjust how easily the frame rotates. The white painted blocks are left over from my frame straightening jig for the canopy.


The parts are held by stainless steel safety wire attached to screws on the frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?