Monday, May 26, 2014

Painting Underway

I finally cracked the code for painting. It helped a bunch watching youtube videos and reading internet articles on setting up an HVLP paint gun. My two big problems were not enough air and not enough practice. Now that I've fixed both of those, things are looking much better and I'm more confident that I can get this thing painted reasonably well. I'm trying to keep things light so I've not used any body filler or high build primer and I'm just using one coat of Sherwin Williams wash primer and two coats of paint. Here are some of the parts I've painted so far.

These are the flaps. The wings will be all white.


This is the only place I could find to hang parts while others were being painted in the booth. Here are both elevators with the trim tab.


Nice shine on the vertical stabilizer. Just the rudder and horizontal stabilizer left and I'll be through with the empennage. The rudder will have three colors (blue on the top, white on the bottom with black trim) and I've already laid out the design. The fuselage will be painted next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?