Monday, May 13, 2013

Audio Panel

I'm finishing and testing the audio panel wiring and installation. This is the harness for my PS Engineering PAR100EX. I took the harness to my avionics mentor and he said everything looked good. I made sure I checked the continuity for every pin before installing. It was quite a bit of work and I now understand why the manufacturer charges $366 for just the basic harness before any customization. My only expenses were the wires and pins and solder sleeves.


Success! Here, I'm listening to the test audio from Skyview. Everything works fine and I didn't let any magic smoke out. I'm close to finishing the wiring and I told Paula I'm tickled pink that I've been able to do it all myself. I got two quotes to have it done by professionals and both were over $6000. That didn't include any of the airframe wiring which was physically the most difficult. Although the money savings is significant, the sense of accomplishment is more. Later, I linked Paula's iPhone to the bluetooth on the audio panel and played music and made cell phone calls. I also tuned the ATIS and tower frequencies from KBAZ (New Braunfels airport) and could hear them even though it's five miles away and I'm using the bottom antenna and I'm IN THE GARAGE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?