Sunday, May 19, 2013

Garmin 430W Powered Up

I got the Garmin GNS 430W powered up and receiving on both the Comm and GPS today. I can hear ATIS and tower from KBAZ just like on the PAR100EX but much clearer while still in the garage from 5 miles away. Probably because the 430 radio uses the top antenna. I like having an upper and lower Comm antenna so I can use the one with the best reception. The audio panel has a nice "split" feature. You can easily put the pilot on the #1 radio and co-pilot on the #2 radio and they can communicate independently. I also noticed the intercom automatically switches to isolate so you don't hear both radios and switches back to normal intercom when you leave the split mode. Paula asked why and I told her she could check if the restaurant is open or if the courtesy car is available at the same time I'm talking to air traffic.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?