Sunday, October 16, 2011

Finishing Riveting the Center Fuselage Bottom Skin

I've just about finished riveting the bottom skin of the center fuselage. Paula was nice enough to buck some rivets as the ones in the middle were hard to reach. The skin is so big that my c-frame riveter couldn't reach about 26 or so center holes and I had to use my pop rivet dimpler. Just a little more work and they look fine but I thought it would reach every hole in every skin. Guess not. Here are few hints for the seatbelt attach brackets. Trim them like shown in the plans because they will interfere with the ribs and cause a bad fit. Also, don't final torque (and put torque seal like I did) until after riveting the bottom skin. The bolts interfere with riveting and they have to be removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?