Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Installing Crotch Strap

Paula asked what I was taking a picture of this morning. I told her I was doing an Anthony Weiner and taking a picture of my crotch strap and posting it online. She quickly said, "that didn't work out too well for him". She's funny!

I decided to install the crotch strap hardware while the floor was apart before riveting and was surprised that the holes had already been cut. The crotch strap is an option that makes the harness into a more secure 5-point so it's nice of Van's to send modified parts based on the options you order.

1 comment:

  1. What crotch strap are you going to use. I had to enlarge the hole for it in the pan there last night (Hooker Harness) by about 1/4" on each end.
    I also put the seats in and tested said crotch strap and realized that with any significant deceleration on the plane, I will be singing soprano.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?